How Can We Help?
Adobe Media Encoder CC Presets
h.264 Wikipedia | h.264
USAGE: Viewing on the web for clients
- File Extensions : .mov or .mp4
- The intent of the H.264/AVC project was to create a standard capable of providing good video quality at substantially lower bit rates than previous standards (i.e., half or less the bit rate of MPEG-2, H.263, or MPEG-4 Part 2), without increasing the complexity of design so much that it would be impractical or excessively expensive to implement.
Avid DNx Wikipedia | DNxHD
USAGES : Full delivery for Clients
- File Extensions : .mxf or .mov (mov not recommended)
- (“Digital Nonlinear Extensible High Definition”) is a lossy high-definition video post-production codec developed by Avid for multi-generation compositing with reduced storage and bandwidth requirements. It is an implementation of SMPTE VC-3 standard.
- DNxHD data is typically stored in an MXF container, although it can also be stored in a QuickTime container.
- DNxHR LB – Low Bandwidth (8-bit 4:2:2) Offline Quality
- DNxHR SQ – Standard Quality (8-bit 4:2:2) (suitable for delivery format)
- DNxHR HQ – High Quality (8-bit 4:2:2)
- DNxHR HQX – High Quality (12-bit 4:2:2) (UHD/4K Broadcast-quality delivery)
- DNxHR 444 – Finishing Quality (12-bit 4:4:4) (Cinema-quality delivery)
ProRes (Mac only)
USAGES : Full delivery for Clients. Apple ProRes (Mac only)
- File Extensions : .mov
- ProRes is a line of intermediate codecs, which means they are intended for use during video editing, and not for practical end-user viewing. The benefit of an intermediate codec is that it retains higher quality than end-user codecs while still requiring much less expensive disk systems compared to uncompressed video. It is comparable to Avid’s DNxHD codec or CineForm which offer similar bitrates which are also intended to be used as intermediate codecs. ProRes 422 is a DCT-based intra-frame-only codec and is therefore simpler to decode than distribution-oriented formats like H.264.
- Windows PC users should uninstall QuickTime immediately